(Unpaid Volunteer Position)
The Louise Marshall Hospital Volunteer Auxiliary needs someone who is able to volunteer their time and skills to promote and coordinate the placement and orientation of new Volunteers.
Last year, the Louise Marshall Hospital Volunteer Auxiliary celebrated their 90th Anniversary. The Auxiliary is a flourishing and dynamic organization with over 80 Members. Today, the Auxiliary hosts a spring luncheon, Christmas bazaar and quilt auction as part of its many fundraising efforts to support the Hospital. It also provides invaluable assistance to the annual CKNX Health Care Heroes Radiothon. Volunteers support hospital clinics, the Hospital’s Elder Life Program, the gift shop and the Thrift Store downtown and numerous other activities, which all benefit the patients of our Community Hospital.
The Volunteer Coordinator will:
• Meet with all individuals interested in volunteering
• Screen and place Volunteers within programs, in conjunction with the Program Coordinators
• Promote the LMH Hospital Auxiliary
• Coordinate the orientation of all new Volunteers and Auxiliary Members, including the completion of vulnerable sector police record checks, emergency contact information, ID Badges and all other documentation requirements
• Maintain volunteer records
• Support Volunteer Recognition activities
If you have the time, energy and enthusiasm to give to your local hospital and you have
Experience working with Volunteers
Proficient computer skills, including Excel spreadsheets
Ability to keep careful documentation.
Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
We would love to meet with you.
Interested applicants may apply to email@example.com. Only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
If this particular volunteer position is not of interest to you, but you are interested in volunteering for the Hospital in a different role, please review our website at www.northwellingtonhealthcare.ca or drop by the gift shop at the Hospital.